Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day

What a great family weekend we had over here! Barbeque's, birthday parties, swimming and family all made it a memorable holiday. We were all dressed in our red white and blue and I even thanked the soldier in my life. Getting together with friends and family is one of the greatest things about the holidays but I also think its important to remember why we celebrate. "Freedom isn't free, it comes at the highest of costs" (300). We wouldn't be where we are today without those brave souls that fought for it in the first place, over 200 years ago. Living in America today means we have luxuries that obviously are not the same all over the world. What a great day it will be when we can share the celebration with the world! With all the turmoil overseas we should all be greatful that we live in America! Ok, I will climb down off my soapbox now, I tend to do that.
I did continue knitting a red dress, just like the pink one posted in my shop.
Happy 4th!

No comments: